Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oct 22

My goodness I'm tired. I've had a wonderful day so far. I've gotten to eat lunch with friends, which was fabulous. Then I visited with other friends.... which wore me out. I really want to nap but I need to get ready for physical therapy. One of the things I realized during my conversations today is that I have kept a lot of this disease and healing close to me. I didn't share my details with that many people. It was to fresh and to raw emotionally for me to talk about. Those of you who did talk to me probably saw me tear up. Now that I'm moving into this phase of knowing I'm a survivor I still tear up and I'll tell almost anyone almost anything. Now I like to joke about the funny side of it.

The big item I keep talking about is my hair loss. Thank you for being patient and listening to me laugh/rant/lament/bitch about its loss. I am trying to stay positive, it's just hard. I'm a girl and I really liked my hair. As an added bonus some of my hair looks to be gone for good. On the positive side... the hair that is growing, is still growing.

It is a good day and I am grateful to have family and friends that care.

No comments: