Friday, October 17, 2008

Oct 17th

I woke up this morning tired. Not to bad for the first night of chemo. I'm resting as much as I can because I have a baby shower to go to this weekend. And I'm very excited to get out of the house and be around a group of people.

You may not be aware...but I have a hard time keeping track of my medications, as there are many. Did I take my morning meds? Did I forget to take them at night? To try and help myself I started using a pill box. It did the trick. I haven't worried about missing medications. Now.... making sure I have enough of each pill to take would be good. Usually I don't know I'm out until the day before or the day of. This causes problems, Unless you are me and you have a guy. Yup. I have a guy. I recommend getting one. Dan is my guy at Walgreens and he takes care of me. He took my problem order from one of the other girls behind the counter. I love it! This girl was ready to dig in and Dan yelled from across the room that he would work on it. Right On!

As I mentioned I was back at the pharmacy again today. As I didn't have enough of a couple medications. If you are looking at my last post you will notice I was just there. This happens quite a bit. I'm so grateful that Dan was working. Insurance didn't want to cover the costs for a couple of my medications. Enter my hero Dan. He volunteered to get everything taken care of so I would be covered through the end of my chemo Monday night. Every few minutes Dan would stop by to tell me he is still working with my insurance and found some clever alternatives. This took about 30 or so minutes. If only every sales person I met had these customer service skills. I think the world would be a better place.
While all of this was going on I was worrying about Cora. Cora has been cooped up in the house with me these last 7 months. I thought she might enjoy a ride in the car. For those of you who don't know Cora very well a quick explanation. This beloved family member used to go into work with Derek or me every day. She would be pet by a number of new people and would also get to ride in the car. She is also VERY food motivated. To say Cora is motivated by food is an understatement. On my 2nd trip to the pharmacy this week I took a chance and stopped by the grocery before I picked up my medications. I left Cora in the car with a bag of freshly purchased butter. Referencing the earlier note this was a serious roll of the dice on my part. Probably not one of my better choices.
It turns out I didn't need to worry at all. Cora was a good dog and didn't eat the butter and I got all of my medications from Dan. It has been a good Friday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good girl Cora!!

AMM