Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/24/09

It seems all of my angst with MetLife recently will be for not. Today after a very early appointment with my doctor, I came home and started matching up what MetLife thinks they paid me to what they actually paid me. One huge problem solved. Internet banking is a godsend. I'm just waiting for them to call me back and I can close the book on an exhaustive situation.

My appointment went well with Dr. Damek. The blood draw, months of the year backwards, and walking all came back A-O.K. I will need to continue to take a pill to boost my immune system. My protein came back at the very low end of normal again and my next MRI is June 22nd.

I realized I had no prescriptions to fill today. Which equals a couple more bucks back in the Stanley household budget. Fewer miles to drive and a couple extra days this week with more energy. All are cause for celebration.

I continue to enjoy my volunteer time with Meals on Wheels and the YMCA. Both are still letting me show up and help out. Whew! Lets face it; Every girl needs a purpose and other than the Today show in the morning the rest of day-time television stinks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried to hold back, honestly I did. It's "for naught." Naught means nothing.

And as for what you're doing with your time, let me quote Firefly:

Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

Keep flyin', baby.