Monday, June 1, 2009

06/01/09 I made it!

I made it through treatment. One year and seven weeks. It's Done, Finished, Fin, Over, Finalized, and The End!

It's bitter sweet news. I love the idea of having finished my chemo, at the same time I'm a bit nervous about chemo being over. Argh! My nurse said this was perfectly normal and in a few months my confidence would be stronger.

I'll visit my oncologist again next month to make sure everything is good. Then my visits will happen every 3 months and will include an MRI.

A toast. To fewer drives down to Denver, to fewer blood draws at hospitals, and to the end of a treatment that has been accomplished. May "Fred" have suffered and died from the radiation and chemotherapy and never come back. Cheers.

3 comments:

Rick Chadwick said...

Congratulations to The Amazing Jennifer!

You're like a magician who made something scary disappear.

If the volunteering thing doesn't work out, Penn, Teller and Stanley has a nice ring to it.

-- Rick

Sandy and Doug said...

Woo hoo! On to better things--like Durango! Sandy

Kala said...

Jen - I am so happy that you've reached the end of this long road. You are so amazing and inspiring!