Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6th

My bad. I was supposed to write on Friday after my appointment with my oncologist. Friday's meeting was to review my MRI scan on Wednesday April 1st. My doctor was running an hour and fifteen minutes late which made me a little late getting home and tired.

"Fred" has not reappeared. The chemo must be doing it's job. I would celebrate with everyone right now except I'm so darn tired from taking chemo round 10. I've got 2 days and 2 more rounds of chemo and I'll be done. I'm so happy.

I've got a story to share. Again I managed to trick myself into thinking that April 1st was the last of my quarterly MRI's. Wrong again. I was informed I will still have 1 more year of quarterly MRI's after my chemo ends. Then I'll move into the phase of fewer MRI's a year.
During my meeting I asked about "Fred" coming back and where it would likely show up. If "Fred" comes back he'll show up along the frontal portion of my right brain. Well...what's left of it. Luckily we know that I am left brain dominant, meaning they can scoop more out of the right side if they need to.

For the most part I feel good. My biggest worries lately are what to make for dinner and have I gotten to the gym.