Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4/15/09

D.C. was amazing. I'm so glad we went. I survived bicycling at night for a couple hours and I didn't end up with teary red eyes like I thought. Which makes me wonder what is wrong with my emotion chip. We visited all of the memorials and the Holocaust museum. Derek is an excellent tour guide. Our days were well planned and entertaining. I learned so much while I was there that I didn't want to leave. FDR, his wife, Thomas Jefferson, and Lincoln were amazing individuals. When we left I realized I wanted to learn more about them and their situations. It makes me wish I had paid more attention in my civics class back in high school. It was a good reminder that these tough times we are in will pass. And I expect we'll all be better for it. From a visual perspective the tulips and cherry blossoms were gorgeous. I think Derek needs to be nervous about my possible flower shopping over the next couple weeks. I want the front of my home to look that good.

No comments: