Friday, February 6, 2009

2/6/09

I had another good meeting with my neuro oncologist yesterday. My blood counts are healthy and I passed all of my testing. AND! it only took one poke to get my blood drawn. Oh Happy Day! I'm amazed how my world, once a month, seems to revolve around how many tries it takes to draw blood. On average it takes 3 attempts and I end up bruised. I gave myself one additional night off from starting my chemo. I'll begin tonight and end Tuesday. I'm expecting the energy suck to happen again, but that's about it. This means no reading and probably losing a lot of time to the t.v. My silver lining is that I'll get caught up on my commercial watching and get a healthy dose of media moping on our economy.
I have been cleared by Dr. Damek to begin volunteering. I'll have my Obama volunteer challenge completed by the end of the month. It feels so good to have a purpose again. Giving back to others is my way of paying it forward for all of the wonderful support, friendship, and love I've received over the last 11 months.

No comments: