Monday, February 23, 2009

2/23/09

Last week did end up being good. My volunteering time at Meals on Wheels continues to be rewarding. I need to call them to find out if I can get more hours. Saturday night was also fun. It was nice to be out in Denver celebrating a friends birthday. I lasted 1 1/2 hours which is pretty good for my first time. The drawback to going out is feeling hung over the next morning. I didn't drink anymore than water. But who cares. Celebrating with friends is always worth it.

My news is about work. Avnet sent me a letter last week notifying me that March 14th is the 1 year mark of my absence. They will let me go unless I can prove why I should remain an employee. The problem is that I need to figure out if I want to stay on or if it makes more sense to let it go. Not to worry this won't affect my disability status. I've been with Access/Avnet for almost 9 years. That is a lot of vacation time. More if I could get to 10 years. But then I think about it. 9 Years! Holy S@*!. Almost no one this day and age sticks with a company that long. Maybe it's a good idea to move on. If only I could work at Meals on Wheels full time. That would be so cool.

No comments: