Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nov 5

Do you have health insurance? I do. I've been covered from a very early age. This is due to the fact I seemed to be sick or hospitalized most of the time growing up. It even got to the point when I would start to wonder when I would get sick again. If you are thinking this is a horrible way to think I agree with you. It turned into a self fulfilling prophecy.

Back to the insurance question. Do you have it? Are you covered? I was browsing through some of the bills the doctors and hospitals have sent over to insurance. $99,715.54 was the largest I could find. That was just for the hospital. The doctors and nursing bills were separate. Sahweet! Plan on another out of pocket $645 base charge for a ride in the ambulance. It usually isn't covered by insurance. What I am trying to say is that if you don't have insurance and you are only able to barely make ends meet, please get yourself and your family covered. I'm not fooling around on this one. Give up cable, or movies, or ride your bike more. It's not cheap with insurance, and without it you may be moving back in with your parents. Or worse having to file for bankruptcy.

I do believe there is hope. President elect Obama campaigned for better health care. I hope he can find and act on a new direction for America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kala and I self-insure, and our premiums have been going up about 30% a year for the past few years - clearly not sustainable. Here's hoping.

Jen's Page said...

OMGosh. That is horrible. Here is hoping Obama can help.