Friday, August 6, 2010

8.6.10

The first Wednesday of every month from 5 - 7 is when I join other brain tumor survivors and caregivers. My first meeting wasn't great, for me. But then again I was scared and had a lot of questions. Each meeting starts with introductions. Each person shares as much or as little about themselves as they would like.

This months meeting was so much better. I met Fred. Not my "Fred", but a Fred who happens to be a 13 years survivor. And thank god he had a sense of humor because me announcing that I named my tumor could have been really awkward. My feel good moments were:
1. When I found out that a couple of my suggestions were being put to good use.
a. name your tumor
b. start a blog
2. When I made a couple positive comments
a. find your purpose
b. give yourself permission to feel depressed, then pick yourself up and get back into life.

Right? Crazy huh. I only said what any of my friends would say. Well actually naming your tumor may only be a Jen Stanley thing.

My health over the last month..... Gosh I have no clue what the heck is up. Some days I'm wiped out so badly that all I want to do is nap all day and other days I have the energy to clean the house, do the laundry and go for a long walk. I still get headaches. I've been through worse and I'm not going to complain. Unless I'm tired and then you don't want to be around.

No comments: