Thursday, May 28, 2009

5/28/09

Last week I was sent a card with no return address and no last names on it. This card was so thoughtful. It said hurray! for the last round of chemo. After a solid week I think I figured out who it was from. I only had one name to go on "Stephanie". At first I thought it was from Lean'n Tree, a company I applied to before "Fred", but that didn't make any sense. Then I sent an e-mail to my old Avnet boss seeing if they sent it and they hadn't. It wasn't until this morning when I received an e-mail from Stephanie at Meals on Wheels that I realized who it was from. What a terrific organization. That is the type of company I want to work for.

I had a good meeting with my doctor yesterday. My blood draw took one poke, I wanted to break out in a song of praise, but didn't. All signs of a recovery are pointing in the right direction. And my doctor prescribed my last round of chemo to me. The last dose will be this Sunday night. And then I'm done. I've already got some goals.
1. Land a fun/rewarding job as an account manager or something similar working with people.
2. Go to Water World
3. Continue to volunteer
4. Jog a 5K
5. Get my house back into shape
6. Make time to see friends and family

These goals seem reasonable and attainable. I can do this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for bringing the cookies by the office yesterday - they were delicious!

Kala said...

I will totally go to water world with you!