Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18th

It's been 1 year since the discovery of "Fred". I'm still deciding on when to mark my 1 year survival date. Is is post surgery? Post radiation? Post chemo? The questions keep on coming. I started doing research into life insurance for myself. The trick is to expect the worst and still hope for the best. That way when the insurance representative tells me I need to wait 5 years (with no complications) after my last chemo dose, I won't be disappointed. That's the word right now from State Farm. I'm not worried. Five years should be easy to reach with no problems.

I mentioned before that "Fred" has been known to me for 1 year. This due to Avnet letting me know my FMLA ran out. My last day at work was Sat. March 14th. Not to worry I still have my long term disability. It is a weird feeling not having a job as a safety net. I believe the correct term is bitter-sweet.

In the health department I feel good. I'm averaging 3 visits to the gym each week and I can almost jog a 1/2 mile. I'm a little bummed because I don't think I'll be able to participate in this year's Boulder Bolder.

On a lighter note, last night Derek and I went to see the Colorado 14teeners play against the Idaho Stampede. That's minor league basketball. What a great game. There were maybe 150 fans watching, maybe. This made it easier to catch a free t-shirt during one of the time outs. I did catch a t-shirt. The writing on it said...
Get your IRISH on!
St. Patty's Day 2008
Derek and I were trying to figure out if someone made a mistake on the year and didn't catch it in time before printing or if the t-shirts were from last year. The game was a nail bitter. At the end of the 4th period the teams were tied at 102 points. The 14teeners won in overtime. I think last night was the first time I've been to the Broomfield event center and actually seen the home team win.

1 comment:

Kala said...

Wow - you have passed some gigantic milestones. Despite when you decide your 1 year mark will be, you've had a stupendous year. You're such a positive fighter. I really admire you, Jen.