Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dec 9

The last few days have been busy. For me busy equals naps times sore muscles times a "to-do" list divided by a time change. Over the weekend we flew to CA. to visit Derek's family. Airplane travel when your healthy is exhausting. I want to say something clever about traveling when your not feeling 100%. Since my thoughts are coming out snarky insert your own funny quip. I carried the Christmas gifts bag since it was lighter. As a suggestion I reccomend that you not carry soap or beef sticks in wrapped packages. TSA has to open them to make sure it's soap and a beef stick. Right on! Presents that need to be re-wrapped.

If you were to ask me how I was doing today I would tell you I'm exhausted. I didn't want to get out of bed for a second day in a row. It could be the weather or it could be that I'm not fully rested. I visited my neuro oncologist and we had a standard visit. "Touch your nose. Say the months of the year backwards. Walk on your tip toes" I managed to not do so well on my blood draw. I accidentally pull the needle out and got blood all over the place. And! lucky for me she needed to poke me a third time to collect what was needed for the labs. I expect I'll have 2 weeks of bruises to hide.

I really didn't think that I would still be trying to recover from "Fred". It's been 9 months. I'm trying to figure out, How long I will be like this? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be improving more quickly? Should I be doing something different? How much is this going to cost?

My silver lining is that I know I'm stronger physically. I am able to enjoy funny stories, music, and the weather. I know I have family that loves me.

No comments: