Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dec 28th

It's the week in between Christmas and New Year's. I'm taking in all of the festivities from the comfort of my home. I completed Christmas dinner with minimal amount of effort. I baked two dishes, crescent rolls (because Christmas just isn't Christmas without them) and Fran's carrot casserole. The rest of the food came from Honey Baked Ham.

I enjoy opening gifts as much as the next person however I found this year held special meaning for me. I am alive. I understand that I am in fact not immortal. I think I'm starting to understand what it means to enjoy each day as a gift.

Physically I'm doing well. My good days out weigh the bad. My physical therapy has ended and my membership to the YMCA has started. At my next appointment I'll be letting my doctor know that I'm starting to confuse my words a little. It only happens when I'm tired. It's nothing big I just want to make sure it is not a problem.

January looks like it will be a full month. My 3rd follow-up MRI will happen. I will get my hair cut. I will work out at the YMCA and I will increase my interaction with people. 2009 will be a better year than 2008.

No comments: