Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/2/10

I had the day off from volunteering today and spent some time reflecting. In 2008 and 2009 I lost a bit of weight via the radiation diet. Although I liked the weight changes, I'd been told that I didn't look great. Examples: I looked gaunt, I lacked color, I looked tired. To combat this rapid loss of weight a dietitian at University Hospital told me I could EAT anything and everything I wanted. Nothing was off limits. I ate fried cheese, cookies, re fried beans, you name it if it was bad for me I ate it. As a result I put all of the weight plus some extra pounds on FAST.
In Jan. this year my neighbor invited me to join a competition to lose the most weight. The winner collects $20 bucks from all the other competitors. The tally is calculated at the end of this month. My goal is to get healthy and break my bad eating habits. Up until last week I was doing a decent job. And then it happened. We received a magazine from someone listing 5 delicious recipes. I made chocolate chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast and banana chocolate strudel. Can I say calories never tasted so good. And tomorrow we'll enjoy some sort of flank steak Tex-Mex concoction. I'm happy to share these delightful sensations with anyone wanting to experiment in their kitchen. I do believe I will lose this competition. And I would like to say "Losing never tasted so good."

No comments: