Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/23/10

I have a couple thoughts to share with everyone tonight. 1st thought is about me. I've had a cold for the last few days. Nothing big, but it was enough that I had to call in sick to my volunteer job on Monday. For those of you who used to work with me you know that a cold would never have stopped me from showing up. It'll be over by Friday. I am volunteering 4 days a week for a couple hours each day. New news is that I have stopped looking for a job. This decision came after realizing that even if I were offered a part-time job I would not be able to accept. It was a blow to my rosy, Pollyanna outlook. I'm still not happy about it and will continue to fight my way back to full recovery.

2nd thought. I just heard about a shooting at a middle-school in Denver. I continue to wonder how we have failed ourselves, our neighbors, and our children so completely that shootings at schools continue to happen. I keep asking myself if there is anything that can be done to prevent this from happening again.

No comments: