Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3rd 2011

Have you ever signed up to do something and then realized, "Oh, I'm supposed to fund-raise?" It has happened to me recently. The the thought that ran through my mind after I signed up to participate in the 2011 Brain Tumor Walk in Denver was closer to "Right! I need to help raise funds". The walk will begin around 8:30 June 14th in Denver at Sloan's Lake. We will walk around the lake once. I do not have the words to properly describe how many times I have asked myself "Why did I get fred" or "Why me" or Why now"? The only answer I've ever been given is "We don't know". I am asking for your financial support. If you have the desire to donate you can do so online at www.braintumorcommunity.org select donate, then type in my name OR you can mail a check made out to NBTS: National Brain Tumor Society Denver Brain Tumor Walk 124 Watertown Street, Suite 2D Watertown, MA 02472 - list my name on a slip of paper or in the memo field of the check. That's it for my request to help fund research for brain tumors. I might start talking about the walk more and more as we get closer to the date because I'll be excited about it. I will not be asking you for donations face to face, via e-mail, or snail mail. You have done so very much for me and Derek over the last 3 years and we both know it. If you do donate, thank you from my whole heart and what is left of my brain. Best, Jennifer

No comments: